Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Gatherings This Time of Year

Three Days until Christmas... I love this time of year. Sure it gets pretty hectic and stressful at times but as the day gets closer, I find myself getting sentimental.

Reflection comes easy for me. The year in review, what I've been through, all surfaces this time of year. Christmas means so much to me.

It brings back childhood memories. It teaches me more about myself with each passing year. Most of all, Christmas is an opportunity to share with others the blessing found in Christ.

The Bible tells us in 2 John 8, "Take care of yourselves; don't throw away all the labor that has been spent on you, but persevere till God gives you your reward." 

When I look back over the year, I see the little ways God has been instrumental in my life. I see the small blessings he has bestowed upon me. I begin to see the big picture of my life's journey.

In just a few days, I will be gathering with family and friends. Family who I haven't seen for months and friends who I love to be around. It's a special time. We laugh, we eat, and we share fond memories.

I look forward to Christmas. It's my favorite holiday.

My prayer is that you, my reader, will find something special during your Christmas gatherings. May you find peace in the midst of restlessness. May you find joy in the middle of your sorrows. May your walk be filled with light to remove the darkness within your life. May you and yours celebrate Christmas with laughter, food, and great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith Dream Wisdom

Top Inspirational Post