Friday, June 1, 2012

Giving Thanks to the God Who Sees You

Being thankful is easy. Giving thanks in all circumstances is tough.

Recently I downloaded an Ebook by Tammy Maltby titled, "The God Who Sees You; Look to Him When You Feel Discouraged, Forgotten, or Invisible." It is a fabulous book filled with encouragement and hope.

The author expresses in simple terms the abundant impact of God's unfailing love.

Sometimes I forget how incredibly awesome and big our God really is. I forget that He is in control of all things. I forget how much He loves me, more than I can ever imagine. I don't know even know how to love as much as God does.

In the words of the author, Tammy Maltby giving thanks to our wonderfully big, loving God, she writes, "When I choose to say thank you, something shifts."  I love that! She talks about giving thanks and waiting on God to respond. I never thought of it that way.

Maltby continues, "It may happen immediately, or it may take a little time. But the very act of giving thanks in everything - even the hard things in life - is often the catalyst that makes the miracle of a perspective change happen. Choosing to be grateful, choosing to acknowledge the Author of life and Giver of all good things - including the hard experiences that shape us - keeps us grounded in Truth and seeing rightly."

This profound statement speaks loudly to the heart of every believer. Being thankful in all things is something we've learned in our Sunday Sermons. But how often do we believe it or really give thanks.

I love how the author of "The God Who Sees You" sums up her message. She writes, "It may be our most powerful key for seeing through the fog."

When life doesn't seem to go our way; when circumstances are stumbling blocks, and when bad things happen, we should be thankful.  Because as the author writes, one day we will see our miracle. We will be given a perspective change, a desire of our heart. It's staying thankful and waiting patiently on God to act.

If you haven't picked up this book, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith Dream Wisdom

  • Welcome May - May is the time of celebrations, with Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, BBQ, and unofficially the summer season begins. May brings in the spring flowers with the...

Top Inspirational Post