Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Keeping a Fresh Perspective and Reading Daily Scriptures

Staying in the Word and keeping a fresh perspective is necessary these days.

Romans 15:4 says, "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."

Some days may be seem more difficult than others.

Getting into the Word of God and staying there takes endurance. There will be days when the Bible may seem dry and lifeless but, keep reading.

It was written to encourage and to teach. 

Spending time in the Word give us the encouragement we need. It may not always be easy.

There will be days when distractions get in the way.

Some days we may not even feel like it. Maybe we're too tired, too depressed, or too overwhelmed. Whatever keeps us from getting a fresh perspective is going to discourage us. 

When I don't have a lot of time on my hands to meditate on Scriptures, I take 5-10 minutes to quietly pray. I receive daily email devotions so I will use that time to meditate on the Word.

As long as I'm here on this earth, I will devote myself to knowing God intimately. If I fail at times, and I know I will, I just get back up again and start over tomorrow.

Without God in my life, I would be like the lost sheep, wandering around looking for someone to follow.

I know that God is my Shepherd and when I hear His voice (through the Word) and in my life, I will follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith Dream Wisdom

  • Welcome May - May is the time of celebrations, with Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, BBQ, and unofficially the summer season begins. May brings in the spring flowers with the...

Top Inspirational Post