Thursday, December 29, 2011

Instead of Making a New Year's Resolution Try One Word for 2012

What are your New Year’s resolutions?  Do you make them?  Many people make resolutions but fail to keep them.  Some do not make resolutions at all.

Instead of making a New Year’s resolution, why not pick a word, one word, to live by in 2012. 

Last year my one word was creativity.  I focused on being more creative in all my endeavors.  I like the one word idea.  It’s easier and less stressful than trying to live up to resolutions that almost certainly fail. 

Have you tried the one word philosophy?  Why not pick a one word to live by in 2012.

This past summer I met Dr. Charles Stanley.  After following his teachings all these years it was an honor to meet the founder of In Touch Ministries. 

As a writer to meet one of your favorite authors, is monumental.  I asked Dr. Stanley one piece of advice he could give me about writing.  After a moment of thought, he smiled and said he couldn’t give me such advice. It was a book signing. I’m sure he didn’t know what to say in such a short time.  I asked him for one word.  Dr. Stanley replied, one word?  Then he said, “Diligence.”

So, my one word for 2012 is diligence.

My hope and prayer for you in 2012 is that you find a one word to live by.  If you are making a New Year’s resolution, my prayer is that you’ll find a way to keep it, through diligence.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith Dream Wisdom

  • Welcome May - May is the time of celebrations, with Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, BBQ, and unofficially the summer season begins. May brings in the spring flowers with the...

Top Inspirational Post