Friday, June 29, 2012

My Top 4 Inspirational Books For the Writer Within

As this journey of life has taken me up and down so many paths, I've always been eager to share what I learned along the way. Here on Faith Dream's Journey, I'm just a dreamer living by faith and my current venture is writing my first eBook.

Since I'm writing in a lot of different places these days (online and personal), I have to prioritize.

With everything that happens in life, when you focus on one thing too long, other things are sacrificed. You have to make some tough decisions. For those of you who follow my blog, thank you. I don't post as much as I used to because of the sacrifices I'm making, but I do appreciate you sticking with me on my journey.

I'm learning a lot about eBook publishing and about being an inspirational writer. Today, I'd like to share with you some great books I've found that have been helpful. 


If you're looking for some inspirational wisdom or something to give you that extra push in writing, I recommend the following:
  1. "You Are a Writer" by Jeff Goins - This book, available on Amazon, is inspiring. If you've ever felt self-conscious about your writing ability, this book is for you.
  2. "The Writer's Idea Book" by Jack Heffron - This book gives some wonderful prompts to aid your writer's block. If you've ever hit a brick wall in your writing, read this one. Not only does the author deliver some great prompts, but he shares some wonderful ideas on developing your voice.
  3. "100 Shareable Blog Post Ideas" by Sean Platt, "the Digital Writer" - Look for this book on Amazon and check out some of the others from this author. The "digital writer" offers a free eBook every Tuesday, sign up on his website or watch for them on Amazon. He has several good books there.
  4. "Inspire! Writing from the Soul" by Linda C. Apple - This book is truly one of the best inspirational books I've found about writing. With each topic, the author gives a "spark" to the writer within. This is a prompt to take the idea or concept into the next step.



Well there you have some of the books I'm reading. I recommend any of these to get your inspirational writing started. As writers, we are all in the same melting pot. Purified through the process of churning our thoughts into words so we may express to the world, what our souls crave.

"What makes writing inspirational? It is the passion, the purpose, and the motivation of the writer who overcame and learned from adversity and misfortune, then wrote with the desire to help others." - Excerpt from "Inspire!" by Linda C. Apple


1 comment:

  1. The last four books you mentioned I think are must read for every writer. This will motivate and inspire to write better and provide more quality stuffs to the readers.

    The Equation Book

    ReplyDelete

Faith Dream Wisdom

  • Welcome May - May is the time of celebrations, with Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, BBQ, and unofficially the summer season begins. May brings in the spring flowers with the...

Top Inspirational Post