Monday, April 30, 2012

Fearless Faith: How Do You Handle Change

Have you ever been unsure of yourself? Have you found it difficult to discern whether something was right for you or not?

Predictability is comfortable. Knowing what lies ahead and being certain in some areas makes us feel comfortable. Who wants to upset that happy routine?

Sometimes people or events come into your life and everything changes. What was once a normal routine of expectations become something uncertain and a little scary.

Fear has a way of keeping us at bay. Don't do that, you might get hurt. Don't let your emotions show, you might be considered frail. So we put up this happy little face and pretend everything is okay. Yet deep down we are only surviving. We are uncertain of our future and become lost in our emotions. We look at people differently. We become insecure and we hope no one will notice.

They say change is inevitable. This is true for nothing stays the same. When we try to master control over every situation we just end up miserable.

We may wonder what is available to us at that moment. What can we do to make things right? There are some things I don't know and I will probably never know on this side of heaven. Yet I keep pounding the pavement, so to speak, I keep trying to do what is right.

I ask a lot of questions and I desire to have some answers. However, some days there just are no answers, so I have to let it go. I have to learn to not let my circumstances dictate to me. I have to remind myself who I am in Christ.
 
I may not choose my circumstances but I can choose my outlook. I can remain steadfast in light of whatever is happening before me. I can choose to be negative or positive. I prefer to be happy.

When life takes a sudden turn or an unexpected event happens, I just stop.

I pray, I reflect, and I wait for God to intercede on my behalf. That is really all I can do, the rest is up to God.

How do you handle change?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith Dream Wisdom

  • Welcome May - May is the time of celebrations, with Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, BBQ, and unofficially the summer season begins. May brings in the spring flowers with the...

Top Inspirational Post