Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Trusting God When You Don’t Understand: Take a Risk on Someone

Imagine my surprise when I came across this devotion today.

“I pray often that God will point out people that I can take a risk on.  Because we reach out to others, because we offer someone a 2nd chance, because we are kind and take a risk on someone God might use them to help many others have a life that counts in huge ways.”                   

Isaiah 35:3 says, “With this news, strengthen those who have tired hands, and encourage those who have weak knees.”

What a reality confirmation! I’ve been considering my future options and what I should be doing when along comes a devotion that speaks directly to my situation.

Have you ever had something like that happen? When you’ve been rationalizing an opportunity or situation in your mind and wondering what you should do next?

That’s what I’ve been doing over the last several days.

Sometimes it hits you like a ton of bricks and other times an idea just quietly enters the room.

“This is it,” I thought to myself, “An answer to my prayer.”

I won’t go into details of my situation but I have to confess. God is so good.

When your life seems like nothing is working, and you feel you have failed big time, remember God has not given up on you. When your situation looks bleak and you feel that nothing else really matters, remember God is not done with you yet.

There are times in life when we feel pressured to do something and there are other times when we just have to learn to let it go and trust in God.

This week I felt both of those. I let the pressure get to me and I was ready to toss in the towel so to speak, but I kept praying. Earnestly asking for God’s help and trusting He would deliver me. Then I forgot about it. I let the situation go out of my mind and out my concerns. That is when the devotion appeared.

It was like a beacon of light leading me out of a dark cave of despair. I knew it was answer to my prayers. I knew it was a confirmation.

Remember the promises of God. Stay tuned to His word and listen for His guidance. He will surely speak to you when the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith Dream Wisdom

  • Welcome May - May is the time of celebrations, with Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, BBQ, and unofficially the summer season begins. May brings in the spring flowers with the...

Top Inspirational Post